My daughter’s 5th birthday party was this past weekend, where we all made lots of birthday wishes. After Madeline has watched all the parties I’ve worked on this year and pined for her own, it was very important that I get this party right for her! There was so much more than decorations and invitations that went into making turning 5 magical for her with all the family and friends that got involved. It really makes me tear up a little bit the lengths people went to help out and make an incredible week for our little girl.
Maddie was given three birthday wishes as part of the party. She wanted ballgowns for everyone and her best friend who lives 2.5 hours away to be there; the way things worked out, these wishes were granted to her before her party with a trip to the Bibbity Bobbity Boo Boutique at Disney. This was a great start to a week of birthday magic, with lots of sparkling pixie dust and a great time with an old friend!
Mail on the birthday is all important to a kid. After a quick email, family and friends came through with lots of birthday cards for our birthday girl–I think this made her excited for her more than anything else. We are so lucky to have so many people to care so much for her!
Madeline has her very own “fairy” godmother who is magical in her own right. When we told Maddie that Eve was going to come to her party all the way from Nantucket, she was beyond thrilled. She asked, “Is she going to fly here with her tiny wings??” We all got a real kick out of that, and Eve being Eve showed up on our driveway to greet us sporting some tiny wings, a gypsy skirt that tinkled when she walked and waving a magic wand. I am so glad Maddie now has that memory.
Grandma also traveled from Virginia to help and friends donated their evenings to help me cook and craft throughout the week. And of course, I have a long list of fabulous vendors who gave time and talent as well. Here’s a little pre-picture release thank you to all of them!
- John McLaughlin | Photography
- Tradewind Tiaras | Tiara and crystal napkin rings
- Southern Belle’s Charm | Party consulting
- Something Sweet Cake Studio | Birthday cake
- Laugh Loud Smile Big | Countdown blocks & Cupcake wrappers
- Buds, Etc. | Flower arrangements
- Dainty Delights, Inc. | Custom sugar cookies
- Cool Graphicss | Dandelion decals
- Posh Party Pretties | Kandy Kones
- Blowout Party | Cupcake stands
- The Knock Knock Factory | Party wreath
- Renee Adler, Frog Prince Designer | Starlight poster
- CupKates Event Design | Pushpops
And as for the third birthday wish? Maddie wanted her mommy and daddy to be proud of her. Happy to grant that wish any day of the year!