, This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPizzaCombo #CollectiveBias
Spontaneous entertaining. It’s those spur-of-the-moment “hey you want to come over?” and last minute plans that sometimes make for the best memories. But even if you are talking about a last minute bash this summer, you still have time to really make it a party!
A family friend recently had such an impromptu party at her house, asking a few families over for a dive in movie night. That is, a dinnertime pool party that lasts until it gets dark. And once it gets dark, we all watch a movie on a projector whilst lounging in the pool. Pretty awesome kind of party, right? After a little consult, my friend had a really stress free party as the hostess and all the guests had a marvelous time. The best part was it took all of five minutes to set up after a trip to the store!
Here are the pointers I gave her the afternoon she asked us over:
Buy dinner and bring it home! Sam’s Club has a really awesome family pack you can buy from its cafe now. It is a 16-inch pizza, cheesy sticks, six chocolate chip cookies and a 2-liter bottle of Coke for just $13.98. An enormous amount of food for the price! And plenty to feed all our hungry swimmers.
While you’re at Sam’s Club, go to the produce department and pick up a veggie tray that comes with dip. It’s good to have something green to go with your dinner and this really easy and affordable way to do it.
- You know those red plastic baskets that you get sandwiches in at some shops? They are really great to serve crowds, plus they are reusable! Paper liners in them make for easy clean up. Put these out for some style!
- Buy some really colorful napkins and cups to go with your table.
- Use a beach towel for your tablecloth. It’ll be just right (and reusable!) for the party atmosphere! Hers came from Sam’s Club–while she was there picking up the pizza combo pack.
- DIY one really simple thing that’s cool looking for the party. I suggested the cupcakes with the lounging teddy bears. So cute!
How to Make Pool Party Cupcakes
These are so stinkin’ cute, and are the perfect accent for a party you put together in 5 minutes!
- Purchased cupcakes with blue frosting
- Teddy bear graham crackers, flavor of your choice
- Fruit ring gummies
- Paper umbrellas (buy here)
All you have to do to make these cuties is put one of the fruit gummy rings on each of your cupcakes (however many you decide you need) then put a teddy bear in the center of each of the rings.
Open up one of your paper umbrellas and place on the cupcake to shade your little teddy bear while he’s lounging about. Darling! And so quick to make!
Set up for this party was basically throwing down a towel and opening some boxes. A trip to Sam’s Club, a splash of color, a fun activity, and something novel, and your last minute party is made!
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Shadow Puppet Theater Indoor Activity for Kids
- How to Make Tissue Paper Pineapple Pouf & Flamingo [Luau DIY]
- How to Make a Scribblebot and Spin Some Science into Your Staycation
- Cappuccino and Cookies Cookie Exchange for a Girls Night In
- Creative Christmas Card Photo Tips
- Free Printable: Lunch Box Love Notes