10 minutes from start to finish. Seriously. That’s all the time you need to make these peppermint white chocolate oreos. Every time you serve them or gift them, there will be immense oohing and aahing. You’ll almost feel guilty for the amount of time they actually took to make.
The super big secret here is that during the holiday season, Oreo sells White Fudge Oreo Cookies. Which basically means they are selling Oreos already dipped in white chocolate and dipping the cookies in chocolate is 99% of the hard work. Sometimes they are tricky to find at the grocery store, but I’ve spotted them at both Super Target and Super Walmart this season. The cookies come a dozen to a box and are worth every I-don’t-have-to-dip-it cent.
Peppermint White Chocolate Oreos
- 1 box white fudge Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes or peppermints
The only real work involved is melting the white chocolate. In a small bowl, mix the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Heat for 10 seconds and stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
Place the Oreos on a sheet of waxed paper. Drizzle the cookies with the melted white chocolate. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with crushed peppermint. You can set them to the side to harden, but I prefer to put my waxed paper on a cookie sheet and transfer them to the fridge so they set up quickly. Either way is right!
Want more cookie exchange inspiration and free printables? See our Cappuccino and Cookies cookie exchange party!
- Bourbon Banana Bread Recipe
- Top Halloween Ideas for Kids
- How to Train Your Dragon Party Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Cocktail Ideas
- Best Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Milk
- Easy Taco Bar Ideas for Walking Tacos that WOW Party Guests
- Delicious Gift Giving: Non-Dairy Hot Chocolate Gift Basket for the Holidays
- Gingerbread House Tutorial and How-To…From a PRO!