Are you making a last minute dash to cookie exchange and need an easy/delicious/no-fail recipe? This is one of my very favorite cookies ever. This white chocolate coconut macaroon cookie tastes great, and it’s super uncomplicated to make. It’s almost on the level of cheating it’s so easy, and great for cookie exchanges.
The big secret shortcut is that these cookies use one of those pre-packaged bags of sugar cookie mix. I like the Betty Crocker variety myself, but you have options. I’d like to say I made this one up, but Betty claims the rights to this one!
White Chocolate Coconut Cookies
1 package sugar cookie mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup white chocolate chips
In a large bowl, mix together sugar cookie mix, butter, egg and coconut extract. Once the dough is well-blended, add coconut flakes and white chocolate chips.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 9 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Optional: Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon shortening in the microwave. Tip: melt chips for 30 seconds, stir, then in 15 second intervals until chips are completely melted. Drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies and sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles for holiday cheer.
Every year, I make 3 or 4 batches of this cookie because people love them so much. They go out in all our cookie care packages. You’ll love them, too!
- Bourbon Banana Bread Recipe
- Top Halloween Ideas for Kids
- Zombie Party Ideas and Gruesome Recipes
- The Perfect Pecan Praline Recipe
- Cappuccino and Cookies Cookie Exchange for a Girls Night In
- Bake Sale Recipe Winner: S’Mores Cupcakes
- Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipe for Healthy Summer Snacking
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe with Philadelphia Cream Cheese