I’ve been thinking about tea parties the last couple days and am really starting to crave a nice crisp cucumber sandwich. Hm. Might be a necessary item on my to-do list. My brother’s wedding invitations can probably wait…a cucumber sandwich recipe cannot.
So for your viewing (and if you’re adventurous, eating!) pleasure, here is my special ingredient for tea parties…the cucumber sandwich. Crisp, soft, salty, savory, vinegary and creamy all at once…and so yummy, you can’t stop at one! These are probably more a mom thing than a kid thing, but I always always end up having to make a few more plates for my guests when they are on the menu!
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 cucumber (large), peeled and thinly sliced*
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 T. chopped minced garlic
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 c. room temperature butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 T. snipped chives
- 8 slices white bread
Some of you have also made a few great suggestions. If you’re having trouble cutting your sandwiches, stick them in the refrigerator for a bit so that the cream cheese hardens back up. It will make slicing easier. Also, if you have access to a electric bread knife, cutting will be a breeze. I use a serrated bread knife myself as I don’t have a mechanical slicer.
- Bourbon Banana Bread Recipe
- Top Halloween Ideas for Kids
- Best Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Milk
- The Perfect Pecan Praline Recipe
- The Craziest Way to Serve Nachos to a Crowd
- Cappuccino and Cookies Cookie Exchange for a Girls Night In
- Delicious Gift Giving: Non-Dairy Hot Chocolate Gift Basket for the Holidays
- Gingerbread House Tutorial and How-To…From a PRO!