One of the character decorations from our Super Mario Trunk or Treat was the Boo ghost. I’m not sure exactly which version of the game he’s in, but my kids assure me that he’s cool and he’s in there! So I’m going to show you how to make a Mario Brothers boo ghost in a quick and easy manner. And in our theme of make big props for not much money.
How to make a mario brothers boo ghost
I usually pick my lanterns up on Amazon, as that is the least expensive I can usually find them, so there are a few affiliate links ahead. Sometimes your local craft or party store will have them, too.
- 10-inch white paper lanterns (buy them here)
- White card stock
- Printable Mario Boo file (download here)
- Hot Glue
There are two steps to this project it is so easy. First, you’re going to prep everything. Print out your Mario Boo ghost file (each print will make two ghosts) and cut out the pieces. Then you’ll need to open up your paper lanterns and put the pole in the middle so they stay expanded and round.
Personally, I like hot glue gun assembly because it is fast and precise enough. Glue the eyes and the mouths to the front of your lamp. Make sure you have the lantern right side up when you do so. The little triangular pieces in the file get bent into cones before they’re glued down.
Crazy easy project, right? These boo ghosts are not just for Mario Trunk or Treat displays…they’d also be great at a birthday party!
But wait! There’s more! You can see more ideas to make your own Mario party here:
- Super Mario Trunk or Treat
- Super Mario Bob-bomb tutorial
- Super Mario Piranha Plant tutorial and Mario Question Box tutorial
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Baby Yoda Valentines Ideas with Cricut
- How to Make a DIY Viking Ship Centerpiece – How to Train Your Dragon Party Ideas
- Paw Patrol Party Hat
- Zombie Party Ideas and Gruesome Recipes
- Family New Years Eve Party: Pajama Party Down!
- St. Patrick’s Day Easy Home Decor