Decorating Your Supermom Mother’s Day Brunch
Without a few decorations, Supermom brunch will just be…well, brunch. I know in the past I’ve done big giant extremely decorated parties that were complicated to put together, but we’re not going there this time. I picked a few BIG decorations to tackle that are really easy to put together and most that the kids can get in on. And if you happen to find the Supermom Hallmark card at Walgreens to match, you’ll earn extra style points for sure!
These projects will create instant atmosphere, but don’t feel you have to do them all! If you have to pick just one or two things, make the centerpieces. They’ll take probably half an hour to do with kid involvement. A few notes on where the kids can get crafty so you can plan:
- For the building centerpiece, cut the foam core out and let the kids cut the rectangles out of glitter paper and glue them on. they can also cut out the “Mom” emblem and tape it to a stick.
- The flower centerpieces are flowers in a vase with some graphics on sticks. The kids will be able to handle taping the ovals to a stick after cutting them out. Dad may have to handle cutting the flowers to put them in a vase.
- Napkin rings are cut-and-glue. Kids can do this!
- Supermom banner can be cut out and strung on ribbon by the kids, but dad might want to handle the exacto knife part of the project.
- The big buildings are for dad to cut out; kids can glue on the “windows”
- The giant S sign? All dad, I’m afraid. But it really looks cool!
- The tissue poms can be done by the kids if they’re older (10+). A little tape or glue is all that the “pow” and “wham” type graphics need to put them together.
Again, I’ve got all the instructions in my “Dad’s Guide to a Supermom Mother’s Day Brunch”, you just have to download, print, and follow along!
You’ll also need the graphics to add to your decor! Bring the big S to your local office supply store with a print center and ask them to print it out on the wide format color printer to regular paper. The others can go to stiff white paper.
I sincerely hope that you all get lots of hugs and love from your children and are able to send happy thoughts to your own mother’s this Mother’s Day. Mothers are such special people, and this weekend is just the right excuse to show how much we care for them! Enjoy your cards, enjoy your brunch, and please do pop by our sponsor’s media sites!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/walgreens
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Walgreens
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/walgreens
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/Walgreens
- Website: http://www.hallmark.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HALLMARK
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/hallmarksignature/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hallmark