I’m going to make a small admission here. I didn’t properly prepare for the Operation Shower event I volunteered to create a design for. It was a few busy weeks of travel and back-to-back shoots in November. Which meant a last minute scramble and very simple, but elegant effort (at 2am after a long flight.) Individual place settings are always a creative stress for me — but with some gold chargers, painter’s tape and a can of spray paint, we were in business.
This project is super easy. In fact, my husband was tasked with making the chargers while I did other prep things for the event. Tape off a section of the charger at an angle with your painter’s tape. It’s a good idea to take a piece of paper or something and cover up the part of the charger you don’t want painted. You’ll want to spray the uncovered area with two coats of paint, making sure to allow the paint to dry between coats. Carefully peel off the painter’s tape and voila! You have a beautiful new trendy charger.
Vicki at Laugh Loud Smile Big had sent over some vinyl anchors for use on the table, and they made the perfect little accent to the chargers. You could make these chargers in an absolute rainbow of colors and they would be a fabulous (easy) designer addition to any tablescape!
If you’d like to see these darling chargers in action, see my re-cap of the event here.
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Boo Cup Halloween Boo Your Neighbors
- How to Use the Cricut Mug Press
- DIY Pikachu Costume for a Pokemon Halloween with Cricut
- How to Train Your Dragon Craft Idea: Toothless Pot
- How to Train Your Dragon Party Ideas
- How to Make Wood Signs with Cricut Explore
- Seed Packet Baby Shower Favor – Make it in 7 Minutes!