Bright Future Graduation Party

Graduation time is already here again; can’t believe how quickly the school year went by! A celebration is always in order to commemorate a graduate’s big achievement, and sweets and fun printables are just the way to do it. To add a fun element and a theme to our “party” we are celebrating a “Bright Future” and used common everyday lightbulbs to help decorate and add to our graduation party ideas.

I used a few very sweet vendors to supply some of my treats. Sara at Dandy Delights sent these wonderful cookies to match our display. They tasted wonderful as well; my husband hoarded them after the photoshoot and wouldn’t share they were so tasty!

Lightbulbs as party favors? Yes! These are actually jars shaped like lightbulbs, so there’s none of the complicated taking out of wires and such. You can purchase lightbulb jars here.

This was the first time I’ve used push pops, but I have to say I’m in love! They are versatile; you can use them for candy and other things as well as cupcakes. I got mine from the wonderful Kate at CupKates Event Design.

Thank you again to all involved in developing this little piece of inspiration!

Photography – John McLaughlin
Cookies – Dandy Delights
Cupcake Push Pop Containers – CupKates Event Design
Lighbulb Jars - Amazon.com

Printables are available in the shop here! Also ready to send in many other colors.

Invitations to match available as well!

Get Inspiration to Your inbox!

Comments

1. Paula says

The light bulb candy jars were purchased at Hobby Lobby – so neat, I couldn’t pass them up!

2. says

Paula, I LOVE this and I’m so happy to see such an amazing graduation theme; there’s not many out there now! I’m helping a friend plan a graduation party and we’re going to be buying your printables for it, but I was just wondering how you made the little ‘hats’ for the push pops – I totally want to make them for the party!
    Thanks!
    Holly

3. says

I was SOOO Happy to find this ! I am so busy right now w/ my son’s graduation and other stuff going on w/ his SR year this is going to save me so much time ! The light bulbs, are they Glass or plastic ? Did they come individually or as a set ?
    Thanks
    Mindy

4. Allison says

Hi Paula,

I was just wondering if there was a certain type of paper or material you used to print the snack boxes with?
    Thanks!!!

5. says

I love the lightbulb idea for this party. it suits a graduation party perfectly, as everyone wishes graduates a bright future. Such a simple idea, yet so incredibly effective. Love it :-)

• Paula says

Thank you, Catherine! Regardless of the type of party, it always makes planning easier when you have a theme to work around!

6. Marni says

interested in lightbulbs that you fill with candy and the push up containers. Graduation ideas for “Bright Future”

Trackbacks