Having a Cinco de Mayo party? This sombrero chip hat is an easy DIY to make the party a little more fun. The materials are super simple, and you can find most of them at the dollar store.
This Cinco de Mayo sombrero chip platter originally came from my kids’ DIY Cinco de Mayo party. You can see the rest of the ideas and more party photos here. It also made an appearance in Yum! Food and fun for kids magazine. I can tell you they all had a really good time with the snacks and Cinco de Mayo activities.
Plus, we used the Cinco de Mayo party as an excuse to teach them a little bit about Mexico and Mexican heritage. Always great when you can have a little lesson in with the fun!
how to make a Cinco de Mayo DIY sombrero chip platter
As I said, you can pick most of these materials up at the dollar store. But if you’re making lots of chip platters and prefer for the Amazon mom route, I’m including a few affiliate links so you can just go pick some up online.
If you want to see how to make these in real time, be sure to watch the video above!
more cinco de mayo party ideas
I’ve got even more Cinco de Mayo party ideas on the site! See these great posts:
- Papel Picado–a tutorial and how-to. Learn to make the pretty paper banners in the photo above!
- Kids’ Cinco de Mayo Party
- Cinco de Mayo party hop ideas
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Art Deco Table Numbers Using the Cricut Maker Engraving Tool
- DIY VSCO Girl Shoes with the Cricut EasyPress Mini
- DIY Blaze and the Monster Machines Birthday Party Ideas
- How to Make Tissue Paper Pineapple Pouf & Flamingo [Luau DIY]
- College Survival Kit DIY Graduation Gift
- How to Train Your Dragon Party – Part III – Party Food!