Puppy dogs and puppy themed treats we everywhere at our puppy play date party, even in the cupcakes! Since this is a quick and easy to put together party, we needed some quick and easy to up together cupcakes. Using strode-bought and ready made ingredients made putting together our cute little puppies a snap, so if you’re short on time, ask the bakery at the grocery store for cupcakes with white frosting only and skip the baking part of making these cupcakes.
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pre-made oval shaped cookies
- Laffy taffy, pink
- Black tube frosting
Make cupcakes according to instructions on box. To make frosting, cream together butter and powder sugar in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla extract. Add milk a little at a time to thin the frosting to the right consistency — thin enough to spread, but thick enough that it keeps its shape.
Pipe frosting onto cupcakes using a large, round tip.
Put two cookies into the sides of the frosting to make the pups’ ears. Add m&ms for nose and eyes and cut and shape a small piece of pink lady taffy to form the tongue. Use the black tube frosting to add the mouth.
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Shadow Puppet Theater Indoor Activity for Kids
- Mistakes to Avoid Using Cricut Infusible Ink Pens and Markers on T-shirts
- How to Iron Vinyl onto Burlap – a Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- Cup full of cheer custom coffee mug for Christmas
- DIY Puppy Party Fire Hydrant from Recyclables
- Real Parties: A Purple Graduation/Birthday Party