It’s fun to throw up a few understated decorations around Halloween to make things a little spooky without going overboard. Like this Spooky Halloween art. This DIY Halloween decor quite honestly took me about 10 minutes to put together with my Cricut machine. My favorite part about this DIY Halloween art is the layers of texture. I just want to touch it!
I made this with an old frame I had laying around, but if you don’t have one the thrift store (and maybe some paint!) would be a great solution to do this project on the cheap.
There are a few affiliate links ahead–they cost you nothing, but help me cover the cost of project supplies!
Materials for Spooky DIY Halloween decor:
- Cricut Sparkle Paper, dark silver (buy it here)
- Cricut Corrugated Cardboard, grey (buy it here)
- White paper (can be white on white patterned)
- Black card stock
- White frame with mat cut for an 8×10 picture (like this)
- Spooky Project on Cricut Design Space
Step one: Cut out your materials
Once you load up the project in Cricut’s Design Space, just follow the project cuttings along. The spiderweb gets cut from the sparkle paper (this is really cool stuff!!) the pumpkin from the corrugated cardboard and the “spooky” lettering from the black cardstock.
step two: assembly
As I mentioned, this is really fast once everything is cut out! With the bumpy side down of the corrugated cardboard, lay the spiderweb upside down on the pumpkin and tape in place.
Tape the pumpkin to the white paper. Be sure the white paper is cut smaller than your frame first!
Tape the pumpkin to your frame’s matting. Be sure to center the pumpkin when you do so.
Add the “spooky” lettering with strategically placed tape. You’re going to do a little off roading and tape some of the lettering to the mat to give it a little added dimension.
Put your mat back in the frame and display it proudly. You did a great job, I’m sure!
Be sure to check out the other handmade Halloween items in the blog hop below!
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Dead Disco Trunk or Treat Idea
- Spartan Warrior DIY Halloween Costume
- DIY Jigglypuff Pokemon Halloween Costume
- Boo Your Neighbors Halloween Piñata from Recyclables
- 10 Things You Didn’t know the Cricut Maker Could Do for Home Decor
- Morning Coffee Quotes Free SVGs
- First Day of School Mini Schultüte