In the summertime, when the evenings cool off, I love taking things outdoors. When a friend wants a small celebration of their birthday, it’s a perfect time to pull a couple of tables and chairs out onto the lawn to celebrate. Twinkling lights, bright and cheery summer colors and good companionship make for a fantastic adult birthday celebrations, just like in this Summer Poppy Birthday party I created for Celebrations.com!I just love the bright colors and contrast of the reds, teal and yellow on the table in a mish-mash of patterns. I made the runner with the help of some hem tape I bought at the fabric store. A couple passes of the iron, and it was finished! I layered the runner on top of a length of fabric also purchased at the fabric store. It’s so easy to create a custom look this way.
The paper poppies were my favorite part. You can find the tutorial here on the Celebrations.com site. Floral tape, wire, and a bit of crepe paper are all you need to make these beauties for a poppy birthday party!
To go along with our dinner, we had some Whoa Momma! Pinapple cocktails…
…and pineapple strawberry salsa as an appetizer.
Head over to Celebrations.com to see all the summer poppy party pictures and pick up some tutorials and recipes while you’re there!
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Easy Valentine Craft – Paper Heart Garland with Cricut
- Easy DIY Sombrero Chip Platter for a Cinco de Mayo Party
- Cup full of cheer custom coffee mug for Christmas
- Easy Taco Bar Ideas for Walking Tacos that WOW Party Guests
- Secret Agent Spy Birthday Party
- Dr. Seuss Party Centerpieces – Craft Lightning