Wrapping up in a fuzzy blanket is like wrapping up in a nice warm hug. What better DIY neighbor gift to give at Christmas to friends than a DIY customized blanket? It’s practically the same thing as wrapping them up in a little bit of love.
I gave out quite a few of these last year because I was so excited about them. It’s rather an affordable gift for you the giver and the gift the receiver will thoroughly enjoy. There are several places that have good quality blankets please blankets this time of year for five or $10. (If you are able to shop on Black Friday or cyber Monday, you’ll likely be able to find them in the five dollar range.) Or hit up Amazon! (like here) affiliate link–more ahead!
Add an iron-on monogram made with your Cricut Machine and you have yourself a thoughtful, personal Neighbor gift that is going to be appreciated. Pair it with a DIY chili seasoning kit for a really amazing warm and cozy DIY Christmas gift.
DIY Monogram Blanket
I purchased a set of fancy monogram letters from Etsy. It’s not necessary to use a custom monogram, but if you’d like the three letter look, I really recommend it. You can also just use a nice scripting letter out of the choices on Cricut Design Space page. My personal favorite is the "Friday" font.
- Fleece blanket
- Cricut foil iron-on or every day iron-on
- Iron monogram letter file (if desired)
- Cricut maker
- Standard cutting mat
- EasyPress 2
- In Design Space, type or insert via SVG your monogram letter choice and resize to a maximum of either 6 inches tall or 6 inches wide to fit the corner of the blankets.
- Cut the image, but be sure to mirror your project before you hit cut.
- After you weed the vinyl, place your blanket corner on the ironing mat or protective towels. Place your cut iron-on monogram onto the blanket, positioning it so it looks good in the corner of the blanket. you want.
- Press the iron-on into the blantket, following the directions on the Cricut site for the temperature and time. If you are using a foil vinyl, wait for it to cool down before peeling the carrier sheet.
- Fold your blanket back up, tie a ribbon around the middle and maybe add a cute little free printable tag (download here). For a warm and cozy gift, add a little pot of chili seasoning for a warm night.
And they are you have a super easy DIY Neighbor gift you can make in just a few minutes.
how to package your diy neighbor gift blanke
I think the only thing better than a great gift is great packaging for your gifts! I have a few things to help you add to this perfect little present:
Free printable blanket gift tag (click to download)
Free printable Christmas gift bag front (click to download)
Use the bag fronts on any plain paper bag. Print to white card stock, cut out with scissors and use a little bit of glue stick to put it the image to the front of the bag. This is such an easy way to get the bag you want when you might not have it on hand. (I always keep a stack of white handled bags (like these) around for emergency gift-giving!)
Cut the blanket tags and punch a hole to string through the ribbon around the blanket. I’m also including these in a smaller size so you can add them to things like socks or a mug with hot chocolate mix! Warm and cozy, all around
Hope your friends and neighbors LOVE this DIY neighbor gift! Check out the DIY chili seasoning kit that makes a perfect partner for a nice warm blanket.
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- Cricut Projects to Make at Home to Make your Home Brighter
- Baby Yoda Valentines Ideas with Cricut
- 100 Best Pokemon Party Ideas Ever!
- Let’s Get Lit Holiday T-Shirt Designs
- First Day of School Free Printable
- DIY Puppy Party Fire Hydrant from Recyclables
Easy DIY Neighbor Gift: Chili Seasoning Kits - Frog Prince Paperie
Sunday 23rd of December 2018
[…] See the tutorial and gift bag in the DIY monogram blanket post! […]