I love having something small to give my friends and neighbors for Christmas. Because frankly, I love being generous, but I don’t always have fun to do lavish for everyone. A DIY neighbor gift is usually what I end up doing. Something thoughtful and edible usually does the trick to make people feel warm and fuzzy and remembered during the holidays, and chili seasoning kits fit the bill perfectly!
A few years ago, I started making containers of chili seasoning‘s for my favorite chili recipe when I drove out all the spices to make it for dinner. This is seriously the most amazing chili ever. There are a million different spices that go into making taste so good, so pre-making all the seasonings for dinner definitely made making dinner a lot quicker!
Last year I had the bright idea to package these up for my brothers for Christmas. I wasn’t anticipating them liking it quite so much, but like it they did so they’ll be getting another batch for Christmas this year. While I was making up some chili seasoning kits for my brothers and friends, I decided to share the love with everyone!
Chili Seasoning Kit Materials
- Spices in recipe below
- 4 oz Ball jar (buy them here)
- Ribbon for accent
- 2.5 inch Christmas chili seasoning label (download here)
- Cricut printable vinyl label (buy it here) or Avery full sheet labels (buy it here)
- Chili instructions card (download here)
They make Ball jars in all shapes and sizes. Pick the one that works best with your budget!
Line up the number of jars you intend to give. I open all the jars and measure out each ingredient into each jar all at one in an assembly line sort of style to make the process go quicker.
Print the 2.5 inch labels. I use a 2.5 inch punch (like this one) to punch out the circles. Scissors also work if you don’t have a punch!
Peel off the label and place on the top of each jar. Tie a ribbon around the lid.
- 3T instant onion flakes
- 2t garlic powder
- 1T chili powder
- 1t ground cumin
- 1t paprika
- 1t thyme
- 1/2t ground red pepper
- 1/4t marjoram
- 1/4t oregano
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 12 whole cloves
- 15 bay leaves
- 0-7 whole 1" dried chili peppers (optional)
- 1/4t ground allspice
- 1/4t rosemary
- 1T salt
Mix together in a 4 oz resealable container. See the blog post for the tag for cooking instructions.
For a “Warm and Cozy” DIY Neighbor gift, add this chili seasoning kit to the bag with a diy monogram blanket.
See the tutorial and gift bag in the DIY monogram blanket post!
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- How to make a DIY Tissue Paper Parrot for Luau Parties
- How to Iron Vinyl onto Burlap – a Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- Fishing Party Favor for Grown Ups
- Giant Ombre Paper Cone Christmas Trees – a DIY Tutorial and How-To
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe with Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Gingerbread House Tutorial and How-To…From a PRO!