For a little bit of glam while the girls got their toes done at Maddie’s Spa Girl party, I special made these glam pedicure slipper shoes for each of the girls.
- 1 pair foam pedicure slippers (buy them here)
- 4 pieces 4 to 6-inch wide glitter tulle, cut into 7-inch strips
- Two gemstones
- Thin ribbon
- Hot glue gun
Have a child the approximate age of your party-goers stand on the reverse side (strap side down) of the slipper and trace behind their heel. Cut off the extra to make the slippers child size.
With the soles together, trace the sizing onto the other slipper and cut again.
We found this one out the hard way! You will want to make sure that your little girls can slip their toes into the slippers, so put a little glue where the straps insert into the foam and pinch together. This will make it so there is room for a foot when you’re done.
To make the decorative pouf for the glam pedicure slippers, accordion fold two pieces of the cut tulle, then tie with a thin piece of ribbon. Trim off the excess ribbon (you don’t want to see it when you’re done!)
Hot glue the poufs to the slipper straps and glue the gemstone to the center of the pouf. Separate and fluff the tulle after the glue is dry and then you’re done! I tied each pair of slippers together and added a name tag to make it extra special for each little girl at my daughter’s spa party–it was easier to keep the pairs together that way as well!
This post has been linked up to:
- Boo Cup Halloween Boo Your Neighbors
- DIY Pumpkin Napkin Rings
- How to make a DIY Tissue Paper Parrot for Luau Parties
- How to Train Your Dragon Party Ideas
- Fishing Party Favor for Grown Ups
- First Day of School Mini Schultüte
- Dr. Seuss Party Centerpieces – Craft Lightning
- Papel Picado Banners for the Cinco De Mayo Party Hop – Day 2!