4. Set up a “Feed Your Puppy” Station
Of all the puppy party stations, feeding will be the most popular! Feeding is also always the major expense at parties. You can keep food on the cheap with a well-thought out menu that also is playful enough to fit with the theme. You also want to be sure to serve up things that the kids will actually eat while choosing menu items that won’t break the bank.
5. Follow this inexpensive, kid-pleasing puppy party menu
You don’t have to have EVERYTHING, but do choose a savory, a vegetable/fruit, a sweet and a beverage at a minimum for your food selection. A suggested menu:
- Hot dogs wrapped in puff pastry
- Chex “Puppy chow” served out of a (new) clean dog dish
- DIY Puppy cupcakes
- Blue jello a la “dog water”
- Pita cookie cuttered into dog bones with veggies and hummus served in a dog dish
- Homemade dog, fire hydrant and bone shaped sugar cookies
- Bottled water – your “Water the Puppy” station
6. Custom Cupcakes a Beginner can Make
The puppy cupcakes were a huge hit at the party we threw, and were made with no real cake decorating skill. Click over for the easy peasy recipe!
7. Water Your Dog Station
You’ll want a place where the kids can easily drop in and pick up something to drink amidst all the running around they’re going to be doing. Bottled waters are perfect for this.
8. SUPER EASY CUSTOM PARTY TRICK: Make your water bottles inexpensively personalized by taping a 2×8.5 inch piece of scrapbook paper around the bottle. If you want to make them submersible in ice water, tape both sides with clear packing tape before you wrap them around the bottle.
With all the kids running around the party, you want some activity to stand out as super fun that they’re going to remember! See the ideas for big smiles on the next page.
- Valentines Day Ideas
- Tips for Successful Holiday Entertaining
- First Day of School Free Printable Sign for Last Minute Moms
- Little Lumberjack First Birthday Party
- Paw Patrol Party Hat
- Coffee and Cravings Baby Shower
- Star-Studded Broadway Birthday Party
- Vampires vs. Werewolves – a Twilight Halloween Party