10. Puppy Party Decorations – the Doghouse
If you’re already having this party at a park, decorating isn’t an area you need to go crazy in. To keep it minimal:
Pick one “WOW” piece. For us, this was the DIY doghouse. I picked it up for about $12 with a coupon at the craft store then painted it and cut a hole in the front to make a dog house. It was a great photo op place and the kids totally enjoyed running in and out of this “decoration.” Look for something similar to this color-on playhouse or make one yourself from a cardboard box.
The food table will be your biggest piece of decor. How to make it fantastic on the cheap:
11. Use a tablecloth. You probably already have one, but if not, it’s a something I recommend having in your party stash. Black or white are both great to have, and you can find easy-wash polyester ones for $10 or less and they’re reusable. Save the planet! You can also pick up plastic colored table coverings from the dollar store.
12. Hang a sign front of the table with inexpensive ribbon using our free printables
13. Use thrift store pieces to make cake stands (click for tutorial)
14. Buy dollar store dog dishes as serving pieces
15. Hang a string of bunting over the table made from inexpensive colored card stock. Use dowel rods to make them stand.
16. Bring a kid-friendly dog along to be part of the scenery. You can even borrow one like we did the day of our party!
17. The party store was short on fire hydrant decorations, so our centerpiece was a DIY project. An oatmeal container, paper towel roll, empty ribbon spool, old bowl and water bottle cap were all pieced together and spray painted to make our hydrant. Cheap, recycled and easy! Click here for the full recycled fire hydrant DIY tutorial.
18. Free Printable Station Signs
To help your budget along a little further, sign up for my subscription list and get a free Puppy Party signs a few other extras! They’re a great piece of decor for free–which is perfect for a cost-conscious party budget.
At the end of the party, you’ll want to send home the kids with a little party treat. See what ideas you can use on the next page!